Southside Cemetery Committee
St. Paul United Church of Christ and Immanuel Lutheran Church of Palatine jointly own the Southside Cemetery, formerly known as Union Cemetery. The cemetery is located Greeley Street, two blocks south of Palatine Road. The cemetery dates back to the 1880’s and is the burial site of many of Palatine’s early settlers and well-known citizens.
In 1981, the Palatine Southside Cemetery Association was formed and assumed responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the cemetery. Members from St. Paul and Immanuel Lutheran are members of this association.
One does not need to be a member of either congregation to have a burial site at the cemetery.