Oversees visitor and new member process, plans fellowship events that promote community
“We journey inward to worship, to learn, and to experience the joy of Christian fellowship and care” is where this Board finds its anchor into the Vision for the Congregation.
The Board’s mission is to provide intergenerational opportunities for Christian fellowship through congregational events to strengthen relationships, nourish the spirit and weave the tapestry of St. Paul’s future.
Several committees report up to this Board: Worship, Health, and Visitation. Each committee has its own members tied in to the Vision of St. Paul United Church of Christ.
Some of the accomplishments of the Board of Spiritual Life are:
- A defined process for induction of new members and visitors
- Planning and implementation of the annual Easter Pancake Breakfast
- Development of a broad based intergenerational sewing group that has created both personal and service projects including quilts for hospice and the Mexico mission as well as pillow cases for children suffering from cancer.
- Coordination and implementation of annual all-church July 4th picnic.
- Provide support for summer Bible camp and Rally Day
- A fun filled evening decorating the sanctuary for the Christmas Advent season.
- Hosting of an intergenerational event for residents at Rosewood, a community nursing and convalescent home, with an evening of crafts, singing and sharing of dessert.
- Coordination and implementation of fund raising events (such as a Taco Fiesta and Advent Cantata Breakfast) in support of annual Mexico Mission trip that is combined efforts of other area churches