The Health Committee was developed to educate, inform and involve the entire congregation and friends in the promotion of holistic health.
Some of the activities they have sponsored are:
- Annual book exchange. Any left over books were donated to the Palatine Library.
- Care packages to our college students away from home.
- Free blood pressure checks; host a hand only CPR class
- Various guest speakers including the Organ & Tissue Donor Program and the Illinois Heart & Rescue.
- Host to the annual Spring and Fall Luncheon, and trips to Cantigny Park
COMING MARCH 5th MARY HELEN EKSTAM “HOW TO BE A FRIEND TO SOMEONE WITH A SERIOUS ILLNESS”
We are so fortunate to have Mary Helen with us again in March. She is the delightful lady who brought us “Music and the Brain” last year. Her topic is one many of us have struggled with at times. So often we do not know what to do or say to bring comfort to one who is seriously ill. It may make us uncomfortable as we attempt to find the right words. Sometimes we may even stay away. Come explore creative ways to provide support, love and joy to those we care about. The Health Committee invites you to join us the conference room after the service. All are welcome.
The Health Committee sponsored an outing at the Botanical Gardens on Friday, November 4th. There was a tour of the Fine Art of Fabric exhibit as well as a fashion show of clothing woven, felted or processed in creative ways. There were many kinds of fibers used in many kinds of items–from quilts, woven wools, fine silks, pine needle basketry, to creative birds.