The Health Committee was developed to educate, inform and involve the entire congregation and friends in the promotion of holistic health.
Some of the activities they have sponsored are:
- Annual book exchange. Any left over books were donated to the Palatine Library.
- Care packages to our college students away from home.
- Free blood pressure checks; host a hand only CPR class
- Various guest speakers including the Organ & Tissue Donor Program and the Illinois Heart & Rescue.
- Host to the annual Spring and Fall Luncheon, and trips to Cantigny Park
On Sunday April 28th the New St Paul Players performed a skit after worship service in Fellowship Hall, with the latest information on Recycling.
The Health Committee sponsored an outing at the Botanical Gardens on Friday, November 4th. There was a tour of the Fine Art of Fabric exhibit as well as a fashion show of clothing woven, felted or processed in creative ways. There were many kinds of fibers used in many kinds of items–from quilts, woven wools, fine silks, pine needle basketry, to creative birds.